As a means of increasing people’s access to food, Loaves and Fishes is offering a Hamper Delivery service called Hamper 2 Your Home (H2YH) to qualifying clients.
*PLEASE NOTE IT CAN TAKE UP TO 4 WEEKS TO BE PUT ON THE HAMPER TO YOUR HOME DELIVERY SCHEDULE SO IF POSSIBLE PLAN FOR THIS WHEN THINKING OF APPLYING FOR THIS SERVICE*
(If you are in need of food sooner and housebound we will allow you to send a friend or family member to collect the food for you if you are registered and they have your ID)
Details of program are as follows:
-Hamper Delivery will be once every 4 weeks. It will resemble 2 regular hampers.
-Hamper Delivery will be on either Tuesday or Wednesday evenings from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
-Clients must be home to receive hamper. Clients will be removed from the delivery list if they are not home 3 times.
-Hamper Delivery is to your door step only. Volunteers may not enter your home.
-There is a limited number of spaces available for this program. A waiting list is currently being taken.
-Loaves and Fishes reserves the right to refuse participation in Hamper 2 Your Home to anyone.
To apply for the Hamper 2 Your Home Program you must complete the following steps:
(Click HERE to download application form)
1) Complete the “Client Portion” of Application Form on the back of this page
2) Take application form to healthcare professional (doctor, nurse, home care worker, social worker) and have them complete the “Professional Referral” section of the application form.
3) Return completed Application Form to the Loaves and Fishes Depot Coordinator or by mailing it to 210 Fry Street, Nanaimo BC, V9R 4Z1.
4) Loaves and Fishes Staff will contact you to confirm your delivery date.
5) Be home to receive your hamper on designated delivery nights.