Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Register to pick up food?
- To register you must bring government issued ID for each person in your household and a recent piece of official mail for one person in the household. Official mail includes: bank statement, hydro bill, cable bill, government mail and rent receipt.
How do I pick up food?
- Once your household is registered, the person picking up food for the household must present Government Issued ID each time they pick up.
Why do I need to Re-Register?
- Every 6 months clients are required to re-register. This is to ensure that we have current information for all people in your household. This helps ensure that food is equally divided between all clients.
What is a one-time Registration?
- If you are not able to provide all information for a 6 month registration, you will be given a one-time registration. This means you will have to complete the registration process at your visit. A one-time registration can only be used 3 times.
Where can I get food?
- Loaves and Fishes has 8 different locations where food can be picked up. Please ask for a complete schedule.
How often can I come?
- Clients may access the Food Bank every 2 weeks for their regular hamper. Your next pick up date is printed on your ticket. Please hold on to this ticket for your reference. Additionally you may pick up a Food 4U Hamper every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at Farquhar and every Saturday at Generations Church.
How much food will I get?
- Our goal is for a regular hamper to provide 2 to 3 days worth of food for each person in your household. When donations are low we may not be able to meet this goal. The size of a Food 4 U Hamper will vary depending upon how much perishable food has come in in the last 24 hours.